When choosing the best web hosting as a beginner, you want to be sure you’re truly getting the best. Otherwise, you can experience all sorts of problems, such as website downtime and slow loading speeds. Web hosting is the lifeforce of your website, so you want to be sure you have a reliable service.
So, how do you choose the best web hosting as a beginner? With over 330,000 web hosting services out there, it can be overwhelming to decide. However, the best way to choose a hosting provider is to keep it simple — especially as you first start.
To help you save time in your search, here is a quick overview of exactly what web hosting is — and a list of the best web hosting for beginners in 2022.
What Is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is a service that continuously hosts your website on the internet, allowing visitors to gain access to your content. A hosting web service works through a server, a physical computer that can power your website.
Once users search your website in the browser, the provider’s server will transfer the necessary files that load your site.
Best Web Hosting Services for Beginners
SiteGround might be the best and fastest web hosting for beginners as it excels in the most important aspects — including performance, uptime, security and customer support. Additionally, the company’s hosting plan offers other features not provided by other web hosts, like a free SSL certificate.
Here are SiteGround’s highlights:
- SiteGround is a host you can grow with as the company’s hosting offers numerous options. You can start with its cost-effective StartUp plan and expand to anything from the Super Power Cloud plan. Or you could choose Enterprise hosting, where they build a server for your exact needs.
- It has an easy-to-use interface, incorporating all the information within one web page.
- SiteGround has security measures in place and ensures your plugins and themes are safe, as well as providing an encrypted connection to your website.
- The hosting plans come with premium customer support, advanced caching technology, regular software updates and a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
SiteGround’s hosting plans start at 3.99 per month with 10GB of storage space and up to 10,000 visits — plus, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fast server.
- Excellent customer support.
- Great uptime.
- Free site backup automation.
- Free SSL.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- SiteGround doesn’t include domain options with its plans.
Hostinger is one of the cheaper hosting providers, but they offer excellent plans that check off the most important features. The hosting service is easy-to-use, with quality performance and customer service.
Here are Hostinger’s best features:
- Hostinger comes with a custom control panel, known as hPanel. It’s perfect for beginners as it’s functional and offers one-click installations.
- The hosting provider offers 24/7 live support and friendly, knowledgeable customer service agents.
- The host utilizes LiteSpeed webserver technology, caching and the latest PHP version. Its speedy performance sustains a full-built website loading in under a second.
You’ll find Hostinger to be a reliable service provider. Hostinger has plans that start at $1.99 per month, including features such as one website, 30 GB storage and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- User-friendly hPanel.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Friendly customer service with 24/7 live support.
- Fast performance and unlimited extras.
- Although Hostinger guarantees 99.9% uptime, some reviewers complain about this being an issue.
Bluehost is one of the most beginner-friendly hosting providers around. It comes with a functional control panel, and many users love its easy setup process. Plus, it has affordable hosting plans you’ll enjoy.
Here is why Bluehost is one of the best web hosting providers for beginners:
- You get instant access to Bluehost’s robust site monitoring and SEO tools.
- The hosting service offers a free SSL activation and a user-friendly interface for easy website management.
- Bluehost offers an artificial intelligence (AI) website builder and further customization whenever necessary.
Bluehost guarantees a 99.99% uptime and offers a fast hosting service. However, the service itself has a downfall of handling traffic surges, but it’s great for small websites. Bluehost’s plans start at $2.95 per month with one website and 50 GB storage.
- Free SSL and domain.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Built-in AI-based website builder.
- Mediocre loading speeds.
- Upgrades and add-ons can get costly. Plus, the renewal costs will increase annually.
- Costs additional money to migrate your website to their servers.
Bluehost is a good hosting service all-around, but you might find other hosting providers like SiteGround to be the better choice. The more visitors you have, the more data you need — so pricing will increase. However, Bluehost makes a good choice for beginners.
DreamHost is a reliable hosting provider that’s cheap and easy to manage. The control panel is beginner-friendly and offers a built-in website builder for WordPress.
Here’s why you’ll like DreamHost:
- DreamHost is one of the top hosting companies for Linux users. If Linus powers your website, you could consider DreamHost one of your top choices.
- The company offers a free SSL certification, and you get automatic security features like malware remover and firewall protection.
- DreamHost offers easy installation on WordPress and automatic backups daily.
You’ll find that DreamHost’s performance is excellent as it provides a 99.99% uptime and is extremely fast. The pricing plans start at $1.99 per month and a 97-day money-back guarantee in addition to excellent customer support.
- Easy-to-manage control panel.
- Free domain, SSL and domain privacy.
- WordPress website builder.
- Fast and reliable service performance.
- Phone support costs extra.
- No Windows-based servers.
HostGator makes it the best web hosting for beginners because of its user-friendly interface. Overall, the hosting experience is hassle-free and comes with competitive pricing.
Here’s what makes HostGator an excellent choice for beginners:
- HostGator features great uptime with a 99.95% guarantee and fast hosting speeds.
- The service offers an SSL certificate and a free domain.
- The company offers a first-time user-walkthrough, various customer support options and effortless hosting management.
HostGator plans start at $2.75 per month, a great starting point for those who need a personal blog or portfolio. However, the company has other plans for medium-sized blogs and small businesses.
- Easy-to-use dashboard.
- All-inclusive features with the cheapest plan.
- Renewal prices are high and have many other additional fees.
- Long wait times for customer support
- Slow loading pages
Although HostGator has some issues, the low price makes it an attractive choice. Overall, it’s a great start if you’re launching a small business and want to start with a low-cost service.
How to Choose the Best Web Hosting
When choosing a new hosting provider, you want to make sure they offer various services — because as your site grows, you might need additional resources, including storage space, bandwidth and more. This factor is important to consider since you’ll want to be sure it’s easy to upgrade at any time. Furthermore, you’ll want to consider other factors when deciding which hosting provider to choose.
These features include:
- Control Panel: The cPanel lets you manage your hosting account without logging into the webserver. You’ll want to look for a web host that makes it easy to handle the user interface.
- Web Host Uptime: An unstable web server can provide unexpected downtime. Unfortunately, downtime can negatively affect your business and customer trust. Consider choosing a web hosting provider that guarantees uptime.
- Technical Specifications: Disk space, processing power, bandwidth and other features ensure your website runs smoothly. Look for a hosting provider that operates effectively.
- Security: A hosting provider with advanced security can ensure they protect your website from malware and DDoS attacks.
- Customer Support: 24/7 customer support can be helpful, especially when your website encounters security breaches and unexpected downtime.
- Other Services: An excellent hosting plan will offer other valuable services such as free add-ons like an SSL certification and a content delivery network (CDN).
Choosing the Best Web Hosting for Beginners
Which is the best web hosting for beginners by far? That answer will depend on your needs. Start with Hostinger or DreamHost to get the best shared hosting service with the most affordable plans if you’re on a budget. However, these services do come with a few setbacks.
While Hostinger and DreamHost are cost-effective, SiteGround offers the best website hosting for beginners overall. SiteGround has excellent customer support, fast servers and outstanding security. With SiteGround, you’ll get the best value for your money and 30 days money-back if you’re unsatisfied.