In digital marketing, LinkedIn has emerged as a powerhouse for B2B marketing and business growth. With its 825 million members worldwide, it offers a goldmine of opportunities for businesses to reach their target audience.
But how can you make your mark on this platform? Here are some LinkedIn ad examples for your business success:
Video ads are king. Consider a high-quality video showcasing your product, service or company culture to capture your audience’s attention.
But what sets a remarkable video ad apart from the other LinkedIn ad examples? Here are some additional insights on how to create compelling video content:
- Storytelling: Engage your viewers with a captivating narrative. Share the story of your brand’s journey, highlight customer success stories or take them behind the scenes to show the human side of your business.
- Short and sweet: Attention spans are shorter on social media. Keep your video ad concise, ideally 15 to 90 seconds, to keep viewers engaged.
- Strong opening: The first few seconds are critical. Hook your audience with a compelling introduction that promises value or intrigue.
- Visual appeal: Invest in high-quality visuals and production. Crisp, clear and aesthetically pleasing videos leave a lasting impression.
- Message clarity: Make sure your core message is crystal clear. Make room for clarity, whether a product demonstration or a call to action.
- Call to action: Include a strong call to action (CTA) at the end of your video. Encourage the viewers to take the next step, whether visiting your website, signing up for a webinar or purchasing.
- Repurposing: Don’t limit your video content to LinkedIn. Repurpose it on other platforms like YouTube or your website to maximize its reach.
LinkedIn job ads are a go-to solution for businesses looking to expand their team. They allow you to target candidates based on specific criteria, ensuring you reach the most qualified individuals for your open positions.
LinkedIn also has a job spotlight that allows you to feature your job openings at the top of the LinkedIn Jobs page. This prime real estate increases the visibility of your job postings, making it easier to find the right audience.
Carousel ads allow you to tell a compelling story with multiple images or videos. These can be especially effective for showcasing a range of products, demonstrating a process or highlighting different features of a single product.
The interactive nature of carousel ads makes them a hit with the LinkedIn audience. Plan the order of your carousel carefully. Create a coherent narrative or flow that guides viewers through your content like telling a story with each slide leading to specific action.
Don’t limit yourself to images. Carousel ads support videos, text, pictures and links. Mix up your content to keep the audience engaged and feel free to experiment with interactive elements such as polls, quizzes or surveys so you can engage viewers and provide valuable insights into their preferences.
Ensure your carousel is also optimized for mobile viewing. People browse LinkedIn on various devices so it’s essential that your content looks great and functions smoothly on smartphones and tablets.
Text ads are one of the underestimated LinkedIn ad examples. Their simplicity can be a strength. Craft a compelling headline, add engaging ad copy and include a call to action to drive traffic to your website or landing page.
People love success stories. Success story ads build trust and credibility and are relatable to your audience. They can be a powerful tool to showcase how your product or service has positively impacted your customers.
Share stories of real people who have benefited from your offerings. Highlight their challenges, the solutions you provided and the results they achieved. This human touch makes your brand more relatable.
Incorporate before and after visuals of satisfied customers. Visual proof can be exceptionally compelling and provides a clear, tangible representation of your impact.
Back your success stories with data. If your solution led to a 30% increase in revenue or a 50% time-saving for a client, share these statistics. Data adds credibility to your narrative.
These are perfect for increasing brand visibility. These image-based ads appear in the LinkedIn feed and you can target them based on demographics, interests and more.
Word of mouth has always been a powerful marketing tool and recommendation ads on LinkedIn tap into this inherent trust factor. 83% of individuals in the United States have affirmed that word-of-mouth recommendations boost their inclination to engage with a company.
Here’s how to tailor them to your specific goals:
- Building credibility: If your primary goal is establishing trust and credibility in your industry, feature recommendations from well-known figures or authoritative voices. Their endorsements can elevate your brand’s status.
- Lead generation: To drive lead generation, use recommendations highlighting the results your clients or customers have achieved with your products or services. This endorsement is a real-world example of success, encouraging others to engage with your business.
- Content promotion: Recommendation ads can also promote specific pieces of content, such as blog posts, whitepapers or case studies. An influential figure in the industry recommends your content, which can significantly boost its visibility and engagement.
- Recruiting talent: For companies looking to attract top talent, recommendation ads can showcase recommendations from current employees to highlight their positive experiences working for your organization to create a compelling employer branding strategy.
Event ads can help you reach the right audience and boost attendance, whether a webinar, conference or workshop. Promoting events on LinkedIn is a smart way to get a professional and engaged audience. To encourage attendance, consider these strategies:
- Compelling event page: Create a well-structured and informative event page. Use engaging visuals, a clear description and an agenda to entice potential attendees.
- Early bird offers: Provide incentives for early registration such as discounted tickets or exclusive access to resources. Early bird offers can drive initial interest and registrations.
- Speaker profiles: Highlight the qualifications and expertise of your event speakers. LinkedIn users appreciate well-respected and knowledgeable speakers.
- Countdown posts: As the event date approaches, create countdown posts to build excitement. Share teasers about what attendees can expect and include practical information like how to join.
- Networking opportunities: Emphasize the networking opportunities your event provides. LinkedIn is a platform for professional connections and people often attend events to expand their network.
The Key to Success to LinkedIn Ad Examples
LinkedIn offers a wealth of advertising options to help your business succeed. Each ad type serves a unique purpose, from building brand awareness to generating leads and promoting job openings.
The key to success on LinkedIn lies in understanding your goals and audience and crafting ads that resonate with your audience. Feel free to experiment and tailor your ad strategy. Your business can harness the platform’s immense potential for growth and success.
About The Author
Eleanor Hecks is the Editor-in-Chief of Designerly Magazine, an online publication dedicated to providing in-depth content from the design and marketing industries. When she's not designing or writing code, you can find her re-reading the Harry Potter series, burning calories at a local Zumba class, or hanging out with her dogs, Bear and Lucy.