Thanks to the technology available today, most businesses can benefit greatly from automation. This can range from automating time-consuming HR processes, client orders, marketing and many more. Here is everything you need to know about automated lead generation and how it can help your company reach more success.
What Is Automated Lead Generation?
Automated lead generation is the process of automatically procuring leads for your business without the organization needing to source them manually. However, this does not mean that every aspect is automated. It still requires the company to do some manual tasks, such as creating valuable content that users will interact with.
To better understand what is meant with automated leads, it is essential to define what lead generation in general means. Lead generation refers to the process of attracting individuals who share an interest in the products or services the company offers. Companies perform this procedure with the hope of transforming prospects into paying customers.
The Process of Lead Generation
Here is a quick summary of the steps lead generation follows:
- Attracting leads: The first step is to attract customers to the organization’s website. The company can do this via paid advertising, social media, blogs and many others.
- Piquing the prospect’s attention: Next, the business needs to pique the visitor’s interest. For example, they can offer them a free gift or a once-off coupon when they create an account. This is where a strong call to action comes in handy.
- Obtaining contact information: When the prospect clicks on the offer, they are taken to an area where they can enter their contact details. For example, some businesses offer a free ebook to the visitor, which they send through an email message.
- Nurturing the lead: This phase is about nurturing the prospect and providing them value. Usually, this step involves explaining to the potential client in a creative way how the company’s services or products can solve a specific problem they are experiencing. While these are marketing emails, it is best not to let them come off too salesy.
- Converting the prospect: This is the end goal of lead generation. To get the prospect to make a purchase and become a customer.
- Obtaining new leads: The last step is to have a strong relationship with the client, where the organization encourages them to share the company’s products with friends and family. This allows for generating new leads through the help of your clients. In other words, they tell people about the value you provided them with and how your business can do the same for them.
With automated lead generation, most of these processes are automatically done for you. The organization creates the content and then employs automation tools to help them deliver it to prospects.
Why Is it Essential For Businesses to Automate Leads?
If organizations choose to perform lead generation with manual efforts, it could result in a slow, tedious and time-consuming process. This would make it difficult for the company to focus on other essential tasks.
However, if they automate the procedure, most processes are automatically done for the organization. Here are a few of the benefits automated lead generation provides businesses with:
- Increased brand awareness: Well-optimized automated campaigns showcase your business to new prospects. This can aid in introducing your brand to new people unaware of your organization, which you could convert to paying customers.
- Inquire additional information about your clients: Well-optimized lead campaigns offer many chances to procure additional information about your clients. This allows the business to provide a more personalized experience for each prospect. In other words, it will enable you to better target the right customers with a message tailored to them that increases their user experience.
- More leads: Automating this process means your lead generation efforts run automatically throughout the day. This increases the probability of attracting new prospects.
- Saves time and reduces human error: It frees up time for the business, which they can use to prioritize other vital company tasks. Often, when people are presented with large and tedious workloads, they will likely make a simplistic error. Automating these efforts reduces the chance of such mistakes occurring.
- Increase in business revenue: Automated leads allow the business to create a more tailored and personal experience for each user. This helps with building better-quality leads that are more inclined to convert. According to a study, 40% of the businesses surveyed in the report stated that a more personalized experience in lead generation results in higher profits.
What to Know When Starting With Automated Lead Generation
The most important thing businesses should consider when thinking about automating their lead efforts is to look at company objectives. What is the goal they want to achieve? Do they want an increase in overall prospects, do they want to attract different individuals or are they seeking better quality leads?
With the organization knowing the end goal they want, they can pick an automation strategy that best aligns with their company’s objectives. This also allows them to fine-tune the existing lead generation processes they have in place. Their next focus should be looking at different lead generation areas that will benefit the most from automation.
They should seek out factors they can improve on. If it provides no advantage to automate a specific task, then there is no point in doing so. After the company has selected which parts to automate, they should monitor their campaigns to see what is needed to ensure a smooth and efficient lead strategy.
Options Available For Automating Lead Generation Efforts
When it comes to automated lead generation tools, there are several software options to choose from. The best one will come down to your company goals, the marketing channels you use and the strategy you want to employ.
Many organizations decide to use multiple lead generation tools instead of picking one. However, this can depend on the company’s budget and which options make the most business sense. Many medium to large-sized enterprises choose to invest in an all-in-one lead generation platform.
Here are some of the options available to businesses:
- All-in-one tools: These are tools such as Mailchimp and Hubspot. They can help with several lead-generation tasks. For example, both options allow for creating landing pages, email marketing campaigns and have many automation features available.
- Landing page building tools: This type of software entirely focuses on building high-converting landing pages. They often have many templates to choose from. Popular options include: Unbounce, Swipe Pages and Leadpages.
- Email signup tools: The main focus of these tools is to increase email signups. Many organizations prefer to go with OptiMonk, GetResponse or ConvertKit. As with all platforms, some might offer additional capabilities, such as creating landing pages.
Automated Lead Generation For Business Success
Businesses can benefit significantly from automating their lead generation efforts. It helps procure more leads, saves time, reduces human error and increases revenue. The best thing to remember is to choose the strategy that most aligns with your company goals and works well with the tools you already use.
About The Author
Eleanor Hecks is the Editor-in-Chief of Designerly Magazine, an online publication dedicated to providing in-depth content from the design and marketing industries. When she's not designing or writing code, you can find her re-reading the Harry Potter series, burning calories at a local Zumba class, or hanging out with her dogs, Bear and Lucy.