TikTok is one of the most popular and fastest-growing platforms, and it’s easy to see why. The platform is all about fun and entertainment. It’s easy to use and allows you to share your creativity with the world.
If you’re considering using TikTok for business purposes, we have loads of tips to help you get started below.
1. Use High-Quality Videos
If your brand is looking to make an impact on TikTok, we recommend using high-quality video. TikTok is a platform that thrives on video, and the more engaging and creative your content is, the more likely the right people will see it.
To ensure your videos are crystal clear, you’ll need a smartphone that records in 1080p resolution. When recording your videos at this level, you will guarantee they’ll be smooth and look good. Videos that are too grainy can make people lose interest. It’s also important that you shoot it in good lighting.
2. Make Your Videos Stand Out
TikTok is a great platform for businesses to get their message out there, but the competition can be fierce. Here are some tips to help you make your videos stand out on TikTok:
- Keep it short and sweet. While videos on TikTok can last up to 10 minutes, the ideal length should be between 10 to 15 seconds since users tend to gravitate towards shorter videos.
- Be entertaining. The platform is all about posting videos that are creative and fun to watch. If you want more viewers for your TikTok videos, consider incorporating humor or something your audience will find relevant and interesting.
- Make sure that your content aligns with your brand. The more authentic you are in your content creation process, the more people will engage with it — and that’s key for building trust with potential customers!
3. Create a Sense of Community
A sense of community is important for any business, especially on TikTok. Your followers and fans want to know that you’re not just a company trying to sell them something. They want to feel like they’re part of your community and that you’re part of theirs.
If you want your business to thrive on TikTok, you need to be able to interact with others on the platform. That way, they feel like they belong within your brand’s community. You can do this through hashtags and mentions, but it can also involve “liking” and commenting on others’ posts and following people relevant to your industry.
When you create a sense of community on TikTok, you enable yourself to develop stronger connections with people and potential customers.
4. Promote Your TikTok Account
TikTok Ads are an easy way to promote your business and reach new customers. They allow you to promote your products or services, and you get to introduce yourself in a fun and engaging way that many people might not see on other platforms.
It’s easy to get started with TikTok advertising. First, you’ll need to choose your campaign goals. Then you can use the Ads Manager settings to target users based on location, age, gender and interests and decide which video to use for the ad.
Keep in mind that TikTok also offers three ways to advertise, including the following:
- In-feed: These display in the user’s feed and can link to a website or app. They also enable users to interact with the content.
- Brand takeover: An ad appears when the user opens the app. Typically, they’re more expensive, and you can only run one ad per day.
- TopView: Full-screen videos that appear in a user’s feed. They are great for limiting distractions and are popular among advertisers.
Consider which option will work best for your campaign before you begin any advertising on TikTok.
5. Post New Content Regularly
Posting new content on a regular basis is a great way to stay relevant and build relationships with existing and potential customers. It shows that your brand has a pulse, and it’s not a static thing your followers can only interact with when you sell something.
Plus, when you update your followers consistently, you avoid the risk of losing their interest, and you keep them returning for more of your content.
If you’re looking for ways to keep up with using TikTok for business regularly, here are some tips to help you stay on track:
- Schedule posts in advance. By setting a schedule, you’ll know when to publish your next video and keep them on a consistent timeline.
- Write down ideas for future posts, especially when inspiration strikes. Then keep your thoughts organized so they’re easy to find later. Doing this will prevent a creative block and ensure you have something concrete to post each time.
6. Get In on the TikTok Challenges
When it comes to TikTok challenges, you have a lot of options. You can join the fun and create your own challenge for your audience. Or you can follow along with what others are doing. Whatever you decide, some benefits make participating in TikTok challenges worth it for business owners.
First, by participating in a challenge, you’re showing your audience that you’re part of the community and invested in customers’ interests. You’ll also get exposure for your brand, which means more people will see it and know who you are before they ever interact with you. That’s great for building brand awareness and trust!
7. Understand the Algorithm
The TikTok algorithm is the secret sauce that makes TikTok videos go viral. It’s what determines which videos get the most views. Understanding the algorithm is important because you’ll know what type of content gets more views, and you can optimize them for further reach.
TikTok’s algorithm works by relying on the following factors:
- User interactions such as likes, shares and comments.
- User engagement, which measures time spent in the app and repeat usage.
- User demographics
- Content creator demographics
Once you understand which videos drive engagement, you can use that as an opportunity to post similar content.
8. Partner With Influencers
Influencers are the new way to get your audience’s attention, and TikTok is the perfect place to find them.
Influencers are people who have built their own brands by creating content that resonates with their audience. They know how to attract followers and keep them engaged. They also have a strong social media presence, making them a valuable partner for any brand looking to be noticed.
You can partner with an influencer on TikTok by following these steps:
- Find the right influencer for your brand.
- Make sure you’re in the right category for that influencer.
- Contact them through the app and ask for a collaboration!
9. Use Analytics to Measure, Optimize and Grow
There’s no better way to get the most out of TikTok than by using analytics. With analytics, you can measure your content performance, optimize it, and grow your audience. That way, you can keep finding opportunities to improve.
When using analytics, utilize this tool to measure your content’s metrics. For example, many TikTok creators follow their content’s impressions to learn how often your post appears in users’ feeds. Other items they track are the best times to post or hashtag reach.
You can even make the most of TikTok analytics tools by predicting upcoming trends. By leveraging these insights, you enable yourself to plan ahead and optimize your content accordingly to enhance its performance.
Make Use of TikTok for Your Business
TikTok is a tremendous tool to extend your reach and grow your business. Follow these tips to ensure you succeed and always keep your audience top of mind when using TikTok strategically. Once you gain traction, you reap all the benefits TikTok offers for business.
About The Author
Eleanor Hecks is the Editor-in-Chief of Designerly Magazine, an online publication dedicated to providing in-depth content from the design and marketing industries. When she's not designing or writing code, you can find her re-reading the Harry Potter series, burning calories at a local Zumba class, or hanging out with her dogs, Bear and Lucy.